The weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend being proactive in protecting yourself and your property by being sufficiently insured. The damage caused by hurricanes, high wind storms, and hail storms can be devastating to roofs, gutters, siding, windows and automobiles both physically and financially. Please call us to inspect your roof and property for any evidence of hail or other storm related damage. After inspecting, we can tell you if there is a need to contact your insurance company to proceed with filing an insurance claim. In your search to find a reputable roofer please do your homework in investigating potential companies. Below are a few tips and guidelines to consider.
1. Beware of any unsolicited companies who knock on your door, or come to your house without you calling them.
2. Search the Better Business Bureau to see how they are rated and if there are any complaints against them.
3. Make sure the company is insured and can provide proof of insurance.
4. Beware of anyone who says they will cover your deductible, this is illegal and both parties could be prosecuted for fraud. There is a new law regarding this that went into effect September 1, 2019.
5. Ask for references from customers in your area.
6. Utilize online tools such as Facebook groups or Nextdoor to see if anyone has heard of the company, and what type of experience they had.
7. Not everyone is honest. There have been many customers who have been told by roofing companies that they have hail damage, only to find out from the insurance company and additional roofing companies that they do not.
8. Check to see if they are a local company and confirm that their company address on their website is local. Do they have a business card and does the information match the website? There are companies that will come in from out of town or even out of state when a disaster or hail storm hits, but then leave town when the jobs are finished. Unfortunately the customers are unable to find them if there is a problem.
9. The cheapest job isn’t always the best bargain. Ask questions and get more than one quote so you can compare. Are they doing the same work, using the same materials, are they hand nailing the shingles? These things make a difference in the price, quality and durability of your roof.
10. Be honest with your contractor. If you have a certain budget let them know. Ask what changes could be made and what difference that could make in the quality. Make sure that you feel comfortable and that all of your questions have been answered so that you fully understand the process, as well as the options that have been presented.